Add Deco's or Improve Configure
Add Deco's or Improve Configure
2024-03-16 05:25:59
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

Hi all. 

I'm a total novice.

Bought a 3 pack Deco M4 Mesh system, and set it up. 

The ends of my single floor L-Shaped 1968 home doesn't get great coverage. I can surf the net, but my daughter's PC and my sons laptops are not able to play games comfortably. I have 100mps up and down Fibre.

When the kids move closer to the Deco's, they can carry on.

The main Deco is in the centre of the home. The others are about 16m away from the main, on opposite ends. The far ends of the house are about 27m away from the main unit. Moving the Deco's further away from the main has not helped.

My question is, do upgrade my Fibre or buy more Deco's, or do I need to figure out a better configuration.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and time. 

Frances

Options
1 Reply
Re:Add Deco's or Improve Configure
2024-03-18 13:46:12 - last edited 2024-03-18 13:51:28

@FrannyK 

16 meters from Main Deco is too far for Satellite Deco. 

In Deco app, check what does it tell about quality of signal. This will be in "Show List" page, something like this:

Also, open Satellite Deco info page in Deco app and signal quality will be reported there:

If it says that Signal is Weak, that means Satellite Deco is too far from Main Deco. It should be moved closer, to have at least Fair or, better, Good signal.

Let me know what you have for your Satellite Decos and I'll give you recommendations on how to improve your Deco mesh performance and WiFi coverage.

Options