ICMP Fragmentation Request Ignored?

2024-03-26 13:39:35 - last edited 2024-03-26 14:11:15
Model: Archer MR550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230625 Rel.65051n

Hello,

I work for a company were we make our own mobile network. I tried to use one of our SIM with the Archer MR550 and had trouble to access the internet.
After investigation on our network, we found it seems to be because the router does not take into account the ICMP fragmentation request we send back to it to change its MTU.
If I manually set the MTU on my computer I can successfully access the internet through the router with our SIM.

Here is a Wireshark screenshot showing the fragmentation request our network send back to the router:

wireshark screenshot

Is there anything that can be done for this issue?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:ICMP Fragmentation Request Ignored?
2024-03-27 10:01:03

@adriffaud 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 1

Related Articles