How block selected computers to internet?

2024-03-30 15:34:46 - last edited 2024-03-30 17:41:44
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 20231023 rel.42641(4555)

Hi!

I have been using TP-Link for many years at home and at work. However, I am disappointed with the new Archer AX73 router (it is not cheap). sad
My company needs to permanently block Internet access for several computers. Previously, you could use the basic Firewall option. There is no such basic option in the current router.
I tried using HomeShield. You can block it for one day only.
I tried using sleep mode. However, you cannot block the Internet permanently (internet is minimum 10min). The function does not work well if we set the time to 24 hours (no blocking). Please fix this bug.

I hope that this basic functionality will be available in the router for free.

Does anyone know a way to block selected computers from accessing the Internet?

p.s.

Blocked computers must have gateway for OpenVPN,

Regards

Options
11 Reply
Re:How block selected computers to internet?
2024-03-30 20:27:06

@Marek303 

I have the ax72 and I can block certain devices form the Internet via the client page I believe from memory. 

If you open the client list via the tether app and you select the certain device you want to block scroll to the bottom and ot should say block and that should be it until to unblock it. 

I just tested this on one of my kids tablet and it's not loading any Internet on any apps ( YouTube, Google ect.)

The apps will open but not load any data. 

I'm sure you can do the same via the GUI Web page 

As shown in the pic. 

This is via the Web gui client list, click on the circled icon and it will come up with the warning and click block. 

It will then block the device and if you want to unblock via the Web gui at the top of the client list it will say deny list click that and there will be a option to unblock that device there. 

If you want to fully block a device then be sure that both ip addresses are saved for that device ( wired and wireless)  as if you only block say the wired ip adress then the wireless ip will still be able to connect and access the Internet. 

Hope that helps and works in your case 👍🏻

Options
2024-03-31 11:17:00

@Basboi85 

Thank you for relpay.

This method also blocks the computer in the local network and VPN communication (blocks it completely).
I need to disconnect a given computer from the Internet only. This is how the Bedtime feature works, or the old way method Firewall that has been removed from the router (must pay that!).

Options
2024-03-31 12:14:20

@Marek303 

Ahhh I didn't realise that, I thought it just blocked it from the Wifi/Lan access to the Internet 

Options
2024-04-01 08:03:34

@Marek303 

Hi, please try to set the bedtime as 24 hours such as from 10PM to 10PM to see if it works.

If not, please share with us the screenshots.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-04-02 06:55:02 - last edited 2024-04-02 07:04:56

@Sunshine 

I tried. Not working. It's same bugs if time is set near. I wrote about it and i have hope TPLINK fix it.,

I set BedTime 23h actually, and add in Windows TaskScheuldler two  script .bat (change gateway 2:00AM and 4:00AM)

Internet Off:

route change 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.254

Internet On:

route change 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1

It's working, but this is a very complex solution and it only for Windows (does not give 100% certainty).

Options
2024-04-03 03:15:20

@Marek303 

Hi, do you mean settings up bedtime as 24H will cause the device having internet all the time, nothing blocked? We've tested on our end and the issue cannot be reproduced actually.

By the way, you could also tap Block on the profile which is to block internet access permanently, instead of blocking for one day only.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-04-03 06:46:37

@Sunshine 

It works differently on my router AX73.

BadTime don't block when seting 24h (nothing block).

Manualy block only one day.

Options
2024-04-03 07:22:13

@Marek303 

Hi, what is the version of your Tether App? We will check again by using the same router and App.

Options
2024-04-04 05:51:59

@Sunshine 

Options
2024-04-07 02:39:13

@Marek303 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1195

Replies: 11

Related Articles