Archer AX72 restarts after downloading a game on PS5 via 5G

2024-03-31 08:39:10
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20240125 rel. 39949

Hey guys,

I have purchased a archer ax72 a month ago and since a week ago it started to restart itself when downloading games via WiFi 5G connectivity on my PS5.

i have looked in the logs but there are not that detailed in order to see exactly what the problem is. Basically the logs are general (service stop , service started) 

last night the issue occurred again and i have factory reset the router. 

the router itself is located in a open space with ventilation , high of reach on a shelf. 

i do not have range extenders and one mesh is disabled. 

does anyone had this problem with the model so far and found a solution?

I wanted to ask here before sending it back for a refund/replace. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX72 restarts after downloading a game on PS5 via 5G
2024-04-01 08:31:45

@Cipo 

Hi, the issue only happens when the PS5 downloads games, right? large file downloading on other client devices will not cause this issue?

Please let us know how many client devices are usually connected to the router and what are they.

After that, we would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer AX72 restarts after downloading a game on PS5 via 5G
2024-04-01 08:40:18

@Sunshine 

Hey , yes the issue occurs when downloading massive games 80+ GB.

When the issue happened , i had connected to the router the following: 3 mobile phones , 1 tv , th ps5.

The ps5 and the tv are connected to 5G wifi while the others are connected to 2.4 wifi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 2

Related Articles