MR6400 Frequent Disconnects/Band Selection Not Working

2024-04-08 11:03:07 - last edited 2024-04-11 01:03:53
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220506 Rel.57555n

Hi,

I have a TL-MR6400 v5.3 router, with which I'm experiencing frequent (~once an hour) disconnects.

Having read other topics on this issue, a common suggestion is to manually select a 4G band to use. However, when trying to do this I get the following error:

Error code: 89534
No available band

Auto band selection is working, obviously, as otherwise I wouldn't be able to access the internet at all.

Any help is much appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:MR6400 Frequent Disconnects/Band Selection Not Working-Solution
2024-04-10 15:58:35 - last edited 2024-04-11 01:03:53

@Sunshine 

Hi,

Thanks, I upgraded the firmware and now the band selection works. I'll see if selecting a band helps my frequent disconnecting issues.

Is there any reason the router admin panel was showing my firmware was up to date, when in fact there was an update available? I would have updated before posting here had I known there was one available!

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:MR6400 Frequent Disconnects/Band Selection Not Working
2024-04-09 03:45:18

@AndroidOS 

Hi, please check if the profile settings are empty on the Advanced > Network > Internet page, if so, try creating a new profile manually and then search the band manually again.

If the same error still appears, please check Network Mode on Advanced > Status page to see if it works on 4G LTE or WCDMA when using auto band.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-04-09 14:00:53

@Sunshine 

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Profile settings are filled - I had added these manually, as my SIM provider has separate APN details for those who don't want to use a CGNAT.

When using Auto, the status page shows that it's using a 4G LTE connection.

Options
2024-04-10 02:07:55 - last edited 2024-04-10 02:09:41

@AndroidOS 

Hi, Your device hardware version is V5.30, right? Please update to the latest firmware TL-MR6400(EU)_V5.30_1.5.0 Build 221121 first: Firmware Download for TL-MR6400 V5.30

If the problem still exists, could you please share with us screenshots of the Advanced > Status page and Advanced > Network > Internet page along with the error message when searching the band manually? Please also attach a system log file after reproducing the issue.

Note: For safety purposes, you can cover or blur the IP address.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:MR6400 Frequent Disconnects/Band Selection Not Working-Solution
2024-04-10 15:58:35 - last edited 2024-04-11 01:03:53

@Sunshine 

Hi,

Thanks, I upgraded the firmware and now the band selection works. I'll see if selecting a band helps my frequent disconnecting issues.

Is there any reason the router admin panel was showing my firmware was up to date, when in fact there was an update available? I would have updated before posting here had I known there was one available!

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-04-11 01:21:29

@AndroidOS 

Hi, glad to hear that manual band selection works now. 

Online firmware updates are detected from TP-Link Cloud. If a new firmware version has not been released on the Cloud, the device will not be able to detect it, which is why it displays that your firmware is up to date. It does not mean there is an issue with the device itself.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 472

Replies: 5

Related Articles