Deco BE85 keeps restarting on its own!

2024-04-08 20:03:54 - last edited Friday
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.15

My 6 Deco BE85 routers keep restarting on their own multiple times a day. Which is very annoying, especially given how expensive these routers are. I can't even have a reliable steady Internet connection. 

I have tried everything to troubleshoot this issue

1. I called my ISP company and they sent a tecnician twice. They found no issue with ISP modem

2. I swapped my main router with another unit. Didn't fix anything 

3. I reset all my routers. Again, no change 

This has been happening for the last 2 months. I noticed many people are complaining about the same issue, and TP Link has not provided any solution so far!!! 

If this issue won't get fixed soon. Then TP Link should recall all these faulty models and give us our refund back so that we can buy a reliable brand!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco BE85 keeps restarting on its own!-Solution
2024-04-09 03:23:38 - last edited Friday

@ShehabHazzaa 

Hi, Do you have a Samsung S24 Ultra?

I have sent a beta firmware in the Message and could you please help me check whether it helps with the current issue?

A new official firmware is also in the releasing process.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Update:

For the randomly restarting issue after Samsung S24 Ultra connects to Deco BE85, please try to install the beta firmware:

Deco BE85 V1/V2 1.0.20_build_20240701_Beta  (updated date-2024.9.13)

Please leave me a message if the beta firmware doesn't help.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:Deco BE85 keeps restarting on its own!-Solution
2024-04-09 03:23:38 - last edited Friday

@ShehabHazzaa 

Hi, Do you have a Samsung S24 Ultra?

I have sent a beta firmware in the Message and could you please help me check whether it helps with the current issue?

A new official firmware is also in the releasing process.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Update:

For the randomly restarting issue after Samsung S24 Ultra connects to Deco BE85, please try to install the beta firmware:

Deco BE85 V1/V2 1.0.20_build_20240701_Beta  (updated date-2024.9.13)

Please leave me a message if the beta firmware doesn't help.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco BE85 keeps restarting on its own!
2024-04-09 12:25:39

@David-TP 

Hello, 

Yes I'm using S24 Ultra. 

I checked the links provided and couldn't find a beta firmware for BE85.

When will this issue get fixed? When will TP Link release an update that fixes this issue permenantly. 

Last few updates did not fix anything. 

Options
2024-04-10 01:21:17

@ShehabHazzaa 

Hi, thanks for the update.

Deco BE85 V1 and V2 shared the same firmware download link. So the beta bin file is for both V1 and V2.

The official firmware 1.0.17 will fix this issue and should be ready in the next 2-3 weeks.

It is still suggested to install the beta firmware first while waiting for the official version.

Best regards.

Options
2024-04-10 09:54:21

@David-TP 

Hi, what I meant to say is that the link provided does not include any beta version software for my model BE85. 

The link only has beta updates for Deco X..., M..., XE....

Which one in particular should I install? 

Options
2024-04-11 09:35:36

@David-TP 

Hi, curently my Deco routers are on version 1.0.15. Which is the same as in the link you provided. 

However, I'll try manually update and see if there is any improvement. 

Options
2024-04-11 09:48:31

@ShehabHazzaa 

Hi, Yes, the release date(build number) of the beta is newer and it is based on the latest official 1.0.15 but add the fix of the restart issue caused by S24 ultra.

Best regards.

Options
2024-04-11 11:48:02

@David-TP 

Hi, as suggested, I have manually updated my Deco BE85 routers. However, just now the routers have restarted on their own again!! The issue isn't solved yet. 

I want to request a return of my routers. I can't return them because as per the return policy I only had 7 days to return them. I had these routers for 2 months now. I have all the receipts. I didn't notice this issue happening the first couple of weeks, but maybe that's because I hadn't moved-in the new house yet and was only using the Internet for few hours a day. 

These routers are factory faulty. I'm switching to my old routers (Not TP Link) at least they were solid. 

I'm requesting a return of these Deco BE85 faulty routers. I need confirmation from TP Link for the same. 

Options
2024-04-12 03:34:16

@ShehabHazzaa 

Hi, Thanks for the update. I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers directly for further suggestions and final confirmation.

Please check whether you have received my email.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support so far.

Best regards.

Options
2024-04-12 14:45:17

@David-TP 

Hi, I have been contacted and a new firmware was sent to me 1.0.18. I installed the firmware and as expected, it did absolutely nothing. Still having the same exact issue of random restarts. (Proof of the same was sent via email)

I have replied to the email requesting TP Link to take back their faulty/buggy routers and refund me back my money. 

Awaiting response. 

Options
2024-04-13 00:03:36

@ShehabHazzaa 

Look at the bright side, your Deco restart randomly multiple times in a day is good, is helping you to clear off cache and memory load usage to ensure optimal network performance and best speeds.

Some users are having difficult time to get the Decos to even restart when reboot schedule is on for it. So be thankful having a deco that has AI features to help you randomly restart during low peak usage.smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1191

Replies: 12

Related Articles