Frequent disconnections on Arche C5 v4

2024-04-10 04:20:57
Model: Archer C5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.16.0 0.9.1 v6015.0

I have Archer C5 that keeps disconnecting frequently. This was a replacement device. While on original device, I was able to upgrade the Firmware versions regularly. 

However since I got a replacement there has been frequent disconnections and I don't  have an option to upgrade Firmware nor their is Firmware available on the portal. Having spoken to the TP Link support, I was informed the replacement device which I received was a service provider HW model which doesn't support the firmware upgrades.

Throughout the day the connection keep dropping frequently and its quiet random. The MTU, channel settings all are in place as it should be. The antennas are well placed.

I have no issues while connected via LAN. I wonder what else can be done.

Hardware Version:Archer C5 v4 00000004

Firmware Version:3.16.0 0.9.1 v6015.0 Build 190627 Rel.41124n 

Appreciate if anyone had experienced similar issues and how did you go about fixing it or even upgrading the Firemware?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Frequent disconnections on Arche C5 v4
2024-04-10 14:25:11

@Heya 

Archer C5 v4 is indeed a router targeted to ISPs and that's the reason you can't find a FW on the support portal.

What you can do is to read trhough this FAQ and check if that will improve your experince.

Also you may check this thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-12 00:36:10

Thanks for the recommendation @terziyski.

The Wireless router is placed well and follows the guidelines of the first document. The MTU is also set to 1480 based on another document.

Not sure if Arche C5 itself different versions, the one I had prior to replacement or RMA, I was able to upgrade the firmware but not on this model thought. I have also seen forums where they have shared firmware for same model available from different country but not sure of the integrity and authenticity if the files.

Options
2024-04-12 00:48:46

@Heya 

If I am not mistaken the thread I posted contains a link to the FW update ( 2020-06-23 ) that should be compatible with your device.

If you have any doubts about this FW release do not proceed further but that's the best I could find - as I posted C5 v4 FW is not officially supported.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-15 02:02:52

@terziyski Thanks that Firmware upgrade worked and monitoring now. Now I have noticed a new issue after the upgrade, the signal for 5GHz are weaker when we try from the same location.

Options