TL-WPA8630P Extender not working anymore

2024-05-11 19:50:27 - last edited 2024-05-13 08:11:57
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey there,

im using the TL-WPA8630P kit for 3+ years now. the initial setup worked quite fine, as stated in the quick installation guide. worked very well up until today.

i had to restart my router and i also unpluged the extender due to wall plug repairs. that took about 30 minutes. after that the extender only had the power led shining and since it didnt connect by itself after a while i tried to pair em from scratch again. it was that moment i found out my extender wont react to anything again. it doesnt do anything when i press the pair button, neither turning off/on leds when i hit the led button and the reset pinhole wont work either. i pressed the reset button for 1 sec, 2 secs, 20 sec and even held it pushed for over 1 minute while pluged in, not once did all the leds flash, just the powerled shining.

after that i got the tpPLC software. when i plug a ethernet cable from the adapter into my pc i can find the adapter device but when i do the same with the extender device i cant find it. while connected to the adapter i added the extender manually, which resulted in both Powerline Leds turning on. the adapter previously only hat the power and ethernet turned on, since i wasnt able to pair them again.

after i paired em via the tpPLC i had all 3 leds on my adapter turned on, but on my extender it was only the power and powerline leds on. tried to reset a couple more times and pair manually (breaking the connection in tpPLC again before since it didnt work) but same as before, my extender wont respond to anything.

could it be its somehow broken? or are there some button combinations which lock the device from any inputs? after pairing didnt work i tried different combinations of the buttons in hope i get any response.

thanks for the help in advance, much apppreciated

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WPA8630P Extender not working anymore-Solution
2024-05-11 23:04:46 - last edited 2024-05-13 08:11:57

@Krotex 

From your description it seems taht your PLC went faulty. Contact your local support to be get help on this issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8630P Extender not working anymore-Solution
2024-05-11 23:04:46 - last edited 2024-05-13 08:11:57

@Krotex 

From your description it seems taht your PLC went faulty. Contact your local support to be get help on this issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 1

Related Articles