Archer D7 SMB protocol

Archer D7 SMB protocol

Archer D7 SMB protocol
Archer D7 SMB protocol
2024-05-20 09:15:19
Model: Archer D7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.9.0 0.9.1 v0051.0 Build 180705 Rel.52389n

Hi - I'm wondering if there's some firmware for this device which supports SMB 2.0 

It appears the firmware installed only supports SMB 1.0 which is limiting my use of attached usb drives to share files across the network. 

Thanks in advance for any help...

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer D7 SMB protocol
2024-05-20 11:22:25

@djgwht 

Your FW seems the latest version available on the Australian suipport portal. There's no newer version even on the global english support portal.

You may have to consider installing SMB 1.0 on your Windows computers:

<https>://www.cayintech.com/support/faq_page/Connect_a_SMBv1_Device_via_Windows_10_System.html

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-20 12:53:10

@terziyski 

Thanks for your feedback. Yeah, I thought it was the latest firmware.  I've been using the router to share music on a Sonos system which until a software update recently was working with SMB v1.  Didn't have any issues accessing shared files on Windows or Android. 

That has now changed and V2 is now the minimum version - a frustrating problem for many others I'm sure.  Doesn't seem to be too many options other than installing new firmware or getting a more recent router or NAS.

Options
2024-05-20 13:18:07 - last edited 2024-05-20 13:20:12

@djgwht

Well, if it's about Sonos upgradad to SMB v2 there's no much of options indeed.

I am quite sceptical about new FW release for this modem router - on the Australian portal it's marked as EoL (end of life).

So you should probably explore the rest of the options.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 3

Related Articles