Cannot block TikTok

Cannot block TikTok

Cannot block TikTok
Cannot block TikTok
2024-05-28 13:57:05 - last edited 2024-05-28 14:39:38
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.6

In the parental control section of my Deco app, I can block TikTok in my children's profiles, but my children are still able to use TikTok on their iPhone anyway. Turning off random/private MAC Address does not fix it. Blocking Netflix and other apps work fine.

In the Blocked Content list, I block the app TikTok as well as domain names like tiktokv(dot)com, tiktokcdn(dot)com, tiktokcdn-eu(dot)com and tiktokv(dot)eu. Or are subdomains required too? I also tried to block the used website names with subdomain, like for example v45(dot)tiktokcdn-eu(dot)com but this was also not successful. That would be a burden anyway, since the subdomains change often. Lists found on internet are outdated as soon as they are published. It would be useful if wildcards and/or domain names without subdomains could be used.

Lets be honest, nr. 1 reason for parents to use parental control is the most addictive app TikTok. Alright, maybe blocking adult content is nr. 1 and TikTok is nr. 2. To my humble opinion, a brand like TP-Link or HomeCare should be able to make a successful and simple way to block TikTok. This explanation in this reply is about DoH and seems relevant in this matter.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 475

Replies: 0

Related Articles