WiFi Calling Problem
WiFi Calling Problem
2024-06-01 21:00:01
Tags: #EasyMesh #WifiCalling
Model: RE600X  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share an issue I'm experiencing with my RE600x range extender. Normally, I have a very good and stable internet connection, but when I use WiFi calling (I have to use this feature because there is no phone signal in my location), the call works fine at first but drops within about a minute.

Thing l have tried:

1- I thought the issue was with my own device, but I encountered the same problem on different phone models from various manufacturers.

2- I tried manual high speed from 2.4 to 5 GHz and vice versa, but the result was the same.

3- I also tried to use only one channel, but it didn't help.

4- I made sure that my firmware is up to date.(Would be nice if RE600x has EasyMesh update so it can make mesh connection with my Archer VX1800v sadly only US version have it)

I'm really not sure what else to try. The device I'm talking about is the RE600x, and the modem it is connected to is the Archer VX1800v.

I would appreciate any help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:WiFi Calling Problem
2024-06-03 11:07:17

@bkrbr 

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed information.

Do you mean that this certain device will lose internet connection when using WIFI calling? Will it also lose the WIFI connection?

How about the light status on the RE600X when the issue happened? 

Please also connect to the main router directly and test if the same issue comes out when using WIFI calling.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-03 12:14:12

@Sunshine 

Hello,

Thank you for the answer.

I don't experience any disconnection of the internet connection during WiFi calling or general use.

The problem seems to be related to WiFi calling, people who have similar problems in the forum have usually solved it by updating their modem / network extender, but my devices are up to date.

There are users who have solved the problem by changing some settings in the advanced options, I tried it myself but the result was the same.

Also, as you mentioned, the LED lights on my RE600x were solid and blue.

In the connection settings on my phone, I found an option to prioritize the wifi call and chose that option, unfortunately the problem is the same: the call starts normally and stops after about 1 minute. Meanwhile, there is no interruption in my internet connection.

The RE600x is connected wirelessly to my main router with no other connection devices in between. If you are talking about a wired connection, I can't do that because the modem (my main router) is upstairs and the Re600x is downstairs, which is why I bought the Re600x.

Options
2024-06-04 11:37:30

@bkrbr 

Hi,

Thanks for your information.

Please relocate the RE600X next to the main router and test if the issue still exists.

Besides, please also contact your phone to the modem WIFI, and test if the same issue will happen as well.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 326

Replies: 3

Tags

EasyMesh
WifiCalling
Related Articles