Deco X20 LAN speeds capped at 100 Mbps

2024-06-10 10:00:30 - last edited 2024-07-01 03:16:20
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20240119

Last week I changed from Linksys Velop mesh to TP-Link Deco x20's at home.

Whenever I try to connect anything with a LAN cable to my nodes, it's capped at 100 mbps...

The wi-fi speeds are always higher (200 - 400 mbps), but whenever I connect anything to the nodes it's capped at 100 mbps. Even when I try to connect the nodes to the main node, it's capped at 100 mbps. Even the wi-fi drops to 100 mbps if they are connected via LAN cable. 

Now, I've checked QoS, I've checked the devices I've connected, and there is nothing that should cause this. I've tried changing cables and ports. 

What's additionally annyoing, is that this worked perfectly with the Velop mesh nodes I had last week, but I enjoy Deco better in terms of app and appearence - So I would like to fix this instead of returning my Deco's. 

Any help would be appreaciated! 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco X20 LAN speeds capped at 100 Mbps-Solution
2024-06-11 06:52:11 - last edited 2024-07-01 03:16:20

@Pineapple_Bobby 

Hi,

Please check the link speed between the Deco and your computer: How to check the associated/link speed on a wired client.

If the link speed is 100Mbps, then it is the link speed that limits the real download speed. You need to check the adapter specification on wired devices and it is recommended to use CAT6E or above.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X20 LAN speeds capped at 100 Mbps-Solution
2024-06-11 06:52:11 - last edited 2024-07-01 03:16:20

@Pineapple_Bobby 

Hi,

Please check the link speed between the Deco and your computer: How to check the associated/link speed on a wired client.

If the link speed is 100Mbps, then it is the link speed that limits the real download speed. You need to check the adapter specification on wired devices and it is recommended to use CAT6E or above.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 157

Replies: 1

Related Articles