Only IP's of device connected to primary deco are shown

2024-06-11 19:12:49
Model: Deco X20   Deco S7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20240119 Rel 37701

So i have X20 as my primary deco and S7's as my secondary deco, i am running it on access point mode  with smart dhcp disabled. What i have observed is only the devices connected to X20 show IP address in the app but for secondary mesh none of them show IP address even if they are connected via ethernet to the deco. attachign screenshots of device ips page for each of my decos.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Only IP's of device connected to primary deco are shown
2024-06-11 19:15:01

Sleepingwonder wrote

So i have X20 as my primary deco and S7's as my secondary deco, i am running it on access point mode  with smart dhcp disabled. What i have observed is only the devices connected to X20 show IP address in the app but for secondary mesh none of them show IP address even if they are connected via ethernet to the deco. attachign screenshots of device ips page for each of my decos.

Attaching screenshot of my secondary deco device connected showing no IP

Sleepingwonder wrote

Options
2024-06-12 06:38:03

@Sleepingwonder 

Hi,

It seems that the two screenshots you provided are the same.

Please confirm how you connect the Deco devices. Did you connect all Deco units(both Deco X20 and Deco S7) to the main router directly with Ethernet cable?

In this case the Deco APP may not show IP address of the devices that is connected to the satellite Deco units (in your case is Deco S7).

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-12 08:09:42

@Sunshine 

here is my network map

Router> Deco X 20 (via ethernet)> Deco S7's wireless connection. When you it may not show is it because it is not the primary node in the mesh or because of the model. How to get IP's of those because going to router and figuring it out is cumbersome process

Options
2024-06-17 01:17:45

@Sleepingwonder 

Hi,

Can you offer a screenshot of the issue, that the IP address are not shown on the Deco APP when the device is connected to the satellite Deco?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options