Content Filter in Parental Controls not working

2024-06-24 09:59:31
Tags: #Parental Control #Homecare
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20240108 rel.42655(4555)

Hi, 

I just bought the Archer AX50 so that I could better manage parental controls.  However, in trying to set up parental controls, some features work, whilst others do not.  

Time Controls works fine, so I am able to block devices from accessing the internet during bed time. 

Filter Content works in so far as blocking certain categories (e.g. gambling, adult content).

However, it is not able to block specific websites such as Youtube, Discord or Snapchat.  I tried entering youtube.com and selecting Youtube from the dropdown selection -- both ways do not work in blocking of specific websites. 

I have tried rebooting and factory reset but without success.  Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Content Filter in Parental Controls not working
2024-06-25 07:38:12

@gragon 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

It is suggested to refer to this guide.

Options
2024-06-25 13:08:19

@Marvin_S 

I have followed instructions as per guide as you suggested.  Content filtering still does not work.  I tried more than 20 different websites and it appears that content filtering does not work for any websites at all.  Does that mean that TP Link routers can't block specific websites?  

Options
2024-06-26 07:15:04 - last edited 2024-06-26 07:16:29

@gragon 

Hi, when did you purchase the router? Can this function work properly before?
Some websites and apps have multiple domain names. It is necessary to add key domain names to completely disable these websites or apps. Taking Youtube for example, you may add the domain names in the table below to the block content of Parental Control, then see if it can solve the problem.

Blocked Content Key domain names  
Youtube APP youtube.com
youtubei.googleapis.com
youtube-ui.google.com
m.youtube.com

Options
2024-07-07 01:36:03

@Marvin_S thanks for your response.  I just bought the Archer AX50 recently (a few weeks ago) due to good reviews. However, parental controls  has never worked for a few websites (Snapchat, Discord, YouTube).  I tried to using the drop-down list for blocking those websites and also entered the addresses - both ways didn't work.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 261

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles