Archer VR2100 FTTP upload speed slow

2024-07-03 09:24:18
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 230705 Rel.12787n

I have just upgraded internet from FTTC to FTTP. Setup the router to Wireless Router Mode - and everything connects correctly.

My provider offers 500mb down, 70mb up.

I have no issues with download speeds, but for upload I'm getting only 10mb or so.

I read about setting up QoS. I set that up as follows:

Basically, trying to "ignore" any qos - give everything max speeds (unfortunately I can't set priorities to 100%..?) . In this case the upload speed fixes itself, but I'm getting only ~150mb download.

Is there any other way to make the router to realise it's upload max speed, without using QoS, or is this a bug in the firmware? (Ideally it'd just work without setting QoS alltogether).

Cheers.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer VR2100 FTTP upload speed slow
2024-07-03 11:20:53

I have some more info now. 

I just set the upload / download in QoS to 1000 MBit both. Ignore the rest. 

Enabled QoS and got the same result as above (full upload, about 33% download). I then rebooted the router - and still the same.

I then disabled QoS and both upload and download were as expected (maximum provided).

I then rebooted the router again, and it all still holds.

So it looks like the router somehow internally overrides it's detected bandwidth with whatever is set in QoS, even if QoS is in the end not used. This seems like a bug in the area of working out the actual line speed by the router.

I just hope this now holds and doesn't revert to the incorrect limits again.

It would still be good for an engineer to lok into this and confirm / fix in a firmware.

Options
Re:Archer VR2100 FTTP upload speed slow
2024-07-04 06:28:37

@PetrNejedly 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

The QoS (Quality of Service) feature allows you to prioritize the internet traffic of specific devices to guarantee a faster connection when you need it the most. The router has preset an appropriate bandwidth allocation policy, so you don’t need to set different priorities for all devices. Simply set the desired device to High Priority and set how long you want it to remain the high priority, then the device will be allocated with more bandwidth when the network is overloaded.

So you may turn off QoS. As you are using wireless router mode, Archer VR2100 just work like a normal wireless router, you may know more referring to this guide.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 198

Replies: 2

Related Articles