Need help with choosing a router

2024-07-15 20:12:19 - last edited 2024-07-15 20:16:36

Hi,

I live in a place where it is not possible to run a cable for WiFi from ISP. I have resorted to using a 4G router to get access to WiFi. I need help choosing the router that is a best option for me. My house has 3 floors (plus the ground floor). I mostly use the ground 1st and 2nd floors. Signal on the ground and the 1st floor are not that great I have LTE connection with download speeds of 5-10 Mbps. The 3rd floor is where that changes it comes up to 5G conection with download speed of up 70Mbps but an avg would be somewhere in the 50-s. My plan was to get a 4G router and put it on the top floor(3rd) where the signal is stronger. Then use a UTP cable connected to the 4G router and connect it with a normal router that would be located on the ground or the 1st floor. That way I have best coverage on the ground and 1st floor with a normal router and using the 4G router when I am on the 2nd and 3rd floor. My question is next: Is there a better option for my situation and if so be sure to share it with me?

Kind regards,

Lovro

Options
2 Reply
Re:Need help with choosing a router
2024-07-16 00:38:02

@LiBabae 

If you can set your 4G router in bridge mode then a router like Archer AX53 or Archer AX20 will cover your ground and 1-st floor.

If you can't set your 4G router in bridge mode these models can be configured in AP mode and again cover these floors.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Need help with choosing a router
2024-07-16 04:02:02

@LiBabae 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

You may also consider Deco mesh network and choose Deco-4G/5G model to meet your need.

@terziyski  

Thanks for your suggestion as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 184

Replies: 2

Related Articles