Archer c6 Lan port is not working

2024-07-17 07:37:58 - last edited 2024-07-17 22:40:45
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.6 Build 240430 Rel.54880n(5553)

Hello,

I recently bought an Archer C6 version 4 router. I'm having trouble connecting my PC to the internet via LAN through the router. When I connect my PC directly to the ISP cable using PPPoE mode, it works fine and I can access the internet. However, when I connect my PC to the router's LAN port, it says "your PC is not connected to the internet."

Interestingly, if I disconnect both the WAN and LAN cables from the router, and then connect the LAN cable first followed by the WAN cable, my PC can connect to the internet through the router.

(Note: WiFi connection is working perfectly.)

Please help me solve the problem. Thanks in advance.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer c6 Lan port is not working
2024-07-17 11:43:06 - last edited 2024-07-18 15:36:43

@Jamalh14 

Did you try to use another C6 LAN port (C6 has 4 LAN ports). Is this issue persists when you're using different C6 LAN port ?

Once PPPoE is configured on the C6 Internet port it should retain its settings and your network status should look similar to this:

You can check your C6 ethernet port status here:

Try using another ethernet cable for your PC and check if the issue persists.

Can you post the system logs: Advanced=>System=>System log.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-07-17 22:40:34 - last edited 2024-07-17 22:40:45

@terziyski 

Yes, I have tried with others LAN port as well. The result was same. 

Options
2024-07-18 06:08:27

@Jamalh14 

Hi,

Is DHCP enabled on PC when connect to LAN? What is the IP address on your computer get?

How to find IP address on your devices

Did you test with other wired devices if they can work?

Please also check that you didn't set up the LAN ports as IPTV ports.

How to configure IPTV function on wireless router (For new logo)?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-07-18 14:31:47

Here is the screenshots from my routers.   @Sunshine 

Options
2024-07-18 14:32:42

@Jamalh14 

Options
2024-07-19 02:14:13

@Jamalh14 

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on the TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240739458, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 6

Related Articles