Setup to internet

Setup to internet
Setup to internet
2024-07-22 09:53:13 - last edited 2024-07-23 03:23:03
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi all, 

so I've just bought this wifi router to provide better wifi range and quality in our house, thinking this will be a huge improvement over the basic SKY SR203 router I have. (76Mb DL)

I soon realized that this AX72 doesn't actually connect directly to the the outside world as it has no modem. I didn't know these were still a separate thing! Setup instructions kept saying connect to your 'modem'.

So I've had to daisy chain the AX72 off the Sky router Ethernet. Is this right? Is the SKY router now just a bottleneck? 

I've spent £109 to replace my SKY router only to find I have to keep it powered on. Is there any alternative to this, as none of the reviews I read about the AX72 even mentioned this.

thanks 

Gareth

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Setup to internet -Solution
2024-07-22 13:27:35 - last edited 2024-07-23 03:23:03

@JensenCDenton 

Archer AX72 is a wireless router and it doesn't include a built-in modem.

Despite that, you can still use it to extend your Sky router wireless coverage around you premises.

You can connect AX72 to your Sky router by an ethernet cable and place it near the dead wireless zone - AP mode (Case 1).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup to internet -Solution
2024-07-22 13:27:35 - last edited 2024-07-23 03:23:03

@JensenCDenton 

Archer AX72 is a wireless router and it doesn't include a built-in modem.

Despite that, you can still use it to extend your Sky router wireless coverage around you premises.

You can connect AX72 to your Sky router by an ethernet cable and place it near the dead wireless zone - AP mode (Case 1).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 124

Replies: 1

Related Articles