Votes

Only-5G lock for connection type (X80-5G, X50-5G)

Votes

2024-07-22 10:27:30
Tags: #connection lock
Model: Deco X80-5G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.1.1 Build 20230410 Rel. 78273

Going with DECO X80-5G and I'm on 5G area.

DECO finds at some point, usually after reboot, 5G connection. But it only stays at that for like 10 hour or so. Sometimes DECO jumps to 4G for moment even there is good 5G connection available over it.
DECO control (via browser) says 5G is 100% and I had good speedtest results for it. Even in app it gives full connection status for it.
5G here is mostly stable, have observed it with smartphone.

Any details on connection settings (ISP and others) seems to be like they should, as for starter everything else works perfect.

So, yeah... There is "prefer 5G" and it is on, but just feels that device is doing something on it's own... So locking it to "5G only" should be a choice in there.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Only-5G lock for connection type (X80-5G, X50-5G)
2024-08-01 06:37:21

@Dark3n 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

It has been reported to the senior engineers already but so far there hasn't been any updated news yet.

Best regards.

Options
2024-08-01 18:16:08

@David-TP 
Thanks.
Hopefully it goes for planning table soon...

Today was watching as my Deco did have problems to decide what connection to have...
Green(4G)... Or white(5G)... It was changing it like a crazy.

Switching it like with 15min gap to between hours.
Sadly, could not help it to hold one.

Options
2024-08-02 06:25:06

@Dark3n 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

May I know who is your SIM carrier?

Have you checked whether there is a huge speed gap when Deco X80-5G works in 5G preferred mode and 4G only mode?

I wonder whether you had the same issue when the same SIM card was inserted into the mobile phone.

If the current issue could be constantly reproduced, I could consult the engineer to see whether he could help us find a workaround.

Best regards.

Options
2024-08-02 07:37:44

@David-TP 
My SIM carrier on SIM that is inserted in DECO is same as with SIM inserted in my mobile phone, service provider called DNA.
Same carrier for both two SIMs...

There's no noticeable difference in speed when swithced to 5G preferred or 4G only.

Haven't switched SIM from DECO to mobile phone yet, may test it if needed and having time for it...

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@David-TP 
Hey

Haven't yet swapped SIM-cards with Deco and mobile phone, but there was happy situation during whole weekend (23th - 25th Aug):

This started last friday (almost 9am), while checking Deco-status via mobile phone, while in the work place...
Lasted whole weekend maintaining 5G-connection, only to lost it during last night.

Checked few times my internet providers, DNA, web site and found connection map, including markers for "planned upgrade works" there...
Did send question about upgrade marked near my location, not yet have answer for that...

Also, got into my mind an idea that I saw a log there in Deco control site (via PC) and opened it, did read it as long as it gave me something...

Lots of lines, repeating:
 user.err : [mobile] [DebugThreadStackSize] Memory status statistic file open failed.
 user.warn : [mobile] [GetEventType] qmi_module=1, qmi_msg_id=0x0051
 user.warn : [mobile] [PostEvent] Event (id: 0x00000000, type: 0x10000001) return directly.
 user.err : [simplecom_helper][qeng_servingcell_cmd_handle]:+QENG: NR5G-NSA or NR5G-SA not found.

Not sure if those are anything "not normal" or so...
Did not check what it said while 5G-connection was found and maintained... Just today got an idea to check what log have saved on it.

Saved today's log, as 5G connection was lost, probably when day changed or during late night/early morning... So I can send it if needed.

I also recall seeing red light on Deco, just while waking. Not sure if it just normal to Deco to do that while idle and day is changing, or if something was going on with connection provider's services... However I think it happened somewhere around morning 4am - 5am, and had left my PC on.

Update:
After this comment, I swapped SIM-cards in Deco and mobile phone...
Did some testing.

Nothing different there, mobile phone gave similar speedtest (Ookla speedtest) results with both cards.
However, after I put SIM card meant to Deco back to it, 5G-connection was once again found by Deco...
Got new logs saved in file.

If needed or/and wanted to checking, I can provide them.

Note:
While reading new log lines, I noticed something weird:
Thu Jan 11 12:35:02 2024 user.err : [mobile] [DebugThreadStackSize] Memory status statistic file open failed.
Mon Aug 26 14:28:13 2024 user.warn : [mobile] [GetEventType] qmi_module=1, qmi_msg_id=0x0082

Between these lines, SIM-card was removed to testing it in mobile phone...
It changed from Mon Aug 26 to Thu Jan 11 frown

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 211

Replies: 5

Voters 1

Tags

connection lock