WIFI NOISE & MODEL NUMBER

2024-07-26 12:58:41 - last edited a week ago
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all hope is all is well  I have a question regarding my tplink re450

1.  When i done a firmware upgrade which is part of the package it has for somereason changed the model to a re550

2.  Why is it when i connect directly to my mifi device I can get speeds at around 200, 220 Mbps but connecting to the extender i can only get 90 to 110Mbps

1. I have no idea

2. I have done everything I can think of to try and rectify this wifi network noise.  I tested this though the tool supplied by tplink called WIFI Toolbox

Does this tool show noise from the extender to the router or does it show the noise from the laptop to the extender.

I have connected everything to the tplink so its all on the 5ghz bandwidth, and i have also disabled the 2.4ghz setting as it isnt being used by anything here at home.

the noise chart that is provided showed the following

-93Dbm

and two rainbow lines

one is the extender

the other the mifi

the extenders wave peak is around -60 and the mifi is around -79 they both run underneath each other like a double rainbow.

CO channel interference 1.   What ever that means.

I hope someone can shed a light on this for me thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:WIFI NOISE & MODEL NUMBER
2024-07-29 07:58:57 - last edited 2024-07-29 08:01:45

@Ethaniel_UK 

Hi,

1.Where did you see the model number change to RE550?

Upgrade the firmware will not change the model number of your range extender. You can refer to the label on the extender itself. 

2. The speed you get from the range extender will usually be slower than from the main router due to half-duplex technology.

You can refer to this thread: Why is my TP-Link Range Extender not getting the same speed as the main router?

It is a normal speed that if you get 200-220Mpbs directly from the router at the RE's place, and can get 90-110Mbps from the RE. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 138

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles