Slow speed

Slow speed

Slow speed
Slow speed
2024-08-01 09:45:52
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.19.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210201

I am battling to get speeds higher than 6Mb/s on Vodacom network. The router signal strength is 75% and I have even replaced the sim with a new Vodacom LTE simcard, but still the speeds remain below 6Mb/s. The router is connected to a Poynting 4G external aerial with the correct SMA cables etc. Is there a setting or update or something I can do to inpove the speed. I recently did another speed test on the same Vodacom tower but with my iPhone and in another location and got 92Mb/s download speed.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow speed
2024-08-02 06:09:47

@Duitser 

Hi,

When you use the other to test the speed of the SIM card, please test at the same place, and use another 4G router or enable a hotspot on your phone and check how much speed you can get from the WIFI/hotspot.

If the speed is still slow, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1) Go to Advanced -> Network -> Internet page and change Network Mode to "4G Only" especially when the router is working on 3G.

2) Try another available APN profile or create a new APN profile manually.

3) Change Wi-Fi channel and channel width on Advanced -> Wireless -> Wireless Settings page.

If all the advise above cannot help, please contact the local support team with the results with the troubleshooting steps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 81

Replies: 1

Related Articles