QOS works with issues

QOS works with issues
QOS works with issues
2024-08-02 04:52:55 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Tags: #QOS
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20240108 rel.42655

My internet velocity is 400 Mbps / 200 Mbps, if I do not apply the QOS and make a internet test velocity I can reach those velocity, but if I apply the priority, the velocity reduces to 200 Mbps / 200Mbps, no matter if the device is prioriticed or not. 

Is this behavior normal? How can I get my ISP SLA velocity with some devices prioritized and some others not? 

PS: I did the tests LAN (cable CAT5 to the router), all ports are gigabit, and internet port negotiation speed setting in auto.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:QOS works with issues-Solution
2024-08-05 02:37:00 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Pilot737 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

The QoS (Quality of Service) feature allows you to prioritize the internet traffic of specific devices to guarantee a faster connection when you need it the most. The router has preset an appropriate bandwidth allocation policy, so you don’t need to set different priorities for all devices. Simply set the desired device to High Priority and set how long you want it to remain the high priority, then the device will be allocated with more bandwidth when the network is overloaded.

You may refer to Case 2 in the article to review your settings.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:QOS works with issues-Solution
2024-08-05 02:37:00 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Pilot737 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

The QoS (Quality of Service) feature allows you to prioritize the internet traffic of specific devices to guarantee a faster connection when you need it the most. The router has preset an appropriate bandwidth allocation policy, so you don’t need to set different priorities for all devices. Simply set the desired device to High Priority and set how long you want it to remain the high priority, then the device will be allocated with more bandwidth when the network is overloaded.

You may refer to Case 2 in the article to review your settings.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 86

Replies: 1

Tags

QOS
Related Articles