Disable password

Disable password

Disable password
Disable password
2024-08-02 12:35:54 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Using the tether app on My mobile is there a way to disable the extender password. I do not need or wish to have a password.

I see many videos on changing password/resetting password but no info on disabling.

I have received answers on My prevois post on the same subject which Ibam grateful for but cannot find a workaround so that I can watch tv in a second room

Router is in lounge, ethernet cable to magbox then cable to hdmi input on TV works perfect.

Installed  extender in another room, the extender is working fine.

But when I connect cable from extender into Magbox and then into Lg TV hdmi input the TV screen opens a tplink dialoge box asking for password. The kicker is the Lg tv nor the magbox  opens an onscreen keyboard so I have no way of inputting a password .

Sorry to post a similar post again but oerhaps I have better explained tge issue this time as I am not tech savy.

If there is a way to disable the extender asking for a password via the  tether app that would be ideal  ?

Thanks again

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Disable password-Solution
2024-08-02 15:13:35 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Mercury13 

Hi,

The problem must be something else.

Even if it was possible to disable the request for a login password, then it would just log into the RE450 straight away and instead of seeing the "Welcome to use TP-Link's Range Extender" login screen you showed in the other thread you would then see the screen I pasted below. That wouldn't solve the actual problem.

The real question is, why is the Magbox trying to access the extenders login page in the first place?

Can you please check the "Network" settings of the Magbox? Is "Wired (Ethernet)" currently set to "Auto (DHCP)"?

The screen that would be shown after logging into the RE450:

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Disable password-Solution
2024-08-02 15:13:35 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Mercury13 

Hi,

The problem must be something else.

Even if it was possible to disable the request for a login password, then it would just log into the RE450 straight away and instead of seeing the "Welcome to use TP-Link's Range Extender" login screen you showed in the other thread you would then see the screen I pasted below. That wouldn't solve the actual problem.

The real question is, why is the Magbox trying to access the extenders login page in the first place?

Can you please check the "Network" settings of the Magbox? Is "Wired (Ethernet)" currently set to "Auto (DHCP)"?

The screen that would be shown after logging into the RE450:

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 110

Replies: 1

Related Articles