Deco X73-DSL extra mesh units

2024-08-04 04:39:24
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a pretty dumb question, but I am pretty new to the Deco stuff. So far it has impressed me greatly, as it is very easy to use.

When i purchased my X73-DSL i wasnt needing any strength of WIFI for the far end of the house (outdoors).  Now i am considering a wifi camera, i am looking to find the compatible mesh unit for the X73.  Looking through the specifications on the 3 pack X73-DSL information on the TP-Link site, it says "1 x X73 DSL unit and 2 x X73 Units", but i cant find the X73 units separately.

I can find the X60 mesh unit quite readily, is this possibly the extra 2 units that ship with the 3 pack? or being an AX5400, is it at least a compatible unit.

Cheers

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X73-DSL extra mesh units
2024-08-04 12:32:54 - last edited 2024-08-04 12:34:43

@StubbedToe 

Here is the list of most compatible units for addition to X73-DSL:

X50, X55 and X60 - same form factor among these three, all are close in specs and performance. All three may not be available in all regions, or not sold in single units. Choose from these three models by availability and price.

X10 and X20 - these two are on budget side of compatible Deco models. May not have as good WiFi performance as X50/55/60, but should be better in price and could be just enough in performance.

X50-POE - choose this one if you need Deco unit to be wall or ceiling mounted indoors. This is the only one that can let you to, out of the box. Also, good choice if you want Deco unit to better blend with environment - you can put it on a desk or table and it will not stick out like X10-X60.

X50-Outdoor - choose this one if you need outdoor mounted Deco unit, for example to provide good WiFi coverage to front or back yard.

Options
Re:Deco X73-DSL extra mesh units
2024-08-04 21:10:40

@Alexandre. 

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation, it is extremely helpful and very much appreciated.

Regards,

Troy. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 2

Related Articles