WA850RE NO ETHERNET Gives Router/Ethernet DHCP problems

2024-08-09 09:30:25 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello! I've this extender since few weeks but it gives very strange problems.

- I've only 1 computer connected directly via ethernet that works with no problems with NO extender connected.

- If i turn on the extender and set it (with different SSID name), only for wifi, no ethernet connected, each time i start my ethernet computer the router cannot give the ip.
Also with ipconfig /release or ip config /renew or set manual Ip the Computer won't connect, neither rebooting. The only way to connect is to reboot router with the Computer turned on.

- If i turn off solve all and the computer connects with no errors.

With extender connected i got this errors:
- ipconfig /release: "Operation rejected. No card accept for the execution"

- ipconfig /renew: "Error on the renew of the Ethernet Interface. The Client DHCP obtained an ip that is already used in the network.The Local interface will be disabled until the Client DHCP will obtain a new ip"

I would like to add that i've no restriction on my modem/router and i've the dhcp enabled with local ips from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200.

Then last thing, when i've Extender connected the ethernet computer got the same Ip and subnet mask of the extender.

How can i solve this?
Actually the extender is unusable.

Thank you so much

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WA850RE NO ETHERNET Gives Router/Ethernet DHCP problems-Solution
2024-08-11 12:59:24 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Matt96 

Make sure that you have updated the RE firmware to the latest release - TL-WA850RE(EU)_V7_1.0.13 Build 231115 - here. Then test again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:WA850RE NO ETHERNET Gives Router/Ethernet DHCP problems-Solution
2024-08-11 12:59:24 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Matt96 

Make sure that you have updated the RE firmware to the latest release - TL-WA850RE(EU)_V7_1.0.13 Build 231115 - here. Then test again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options