Extra Extenders

Extra Extenders

Extra Extenders
Extra Extenders
2024-08-19 08:38:55
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have one Power line adapter in my home and it works fine. I have just had a garden office built and am running a cat 6 ethernet line to it from my router and a separate supply form my consumer unti. It is approx 35 metres from the house. It will be on its own ringmain different from the house. Can I fit another Powerline adapter kit to give further wifi in the garden office as I run two laptops and do not want to run two cables.

Regards Terry

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extra Extenders
2024-08-19 19:05:58

@Swingbowler 

Hi,

My personal recommendation would be to connect a Wi-Fi Access Point (or a Wi-Fi router that can be switched to Access Point operation mode) to the Ethernet cable that ends in your garden office. That would provide good Wi-Fi and additional Ethernet ports in your garden office.

The performance of Powerline adapters is hardly predictable. You wouldn't be the first person to end up with dismal performance figures. Just read some of the posts in this forum. Although I'd like to emphasize this is not specific to Powerline adapters made by TP-Link. It would be similar with Powerline adapters made by other companies.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 82

Replies: 1

Related Articles