Internet speed slowed down

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.4

I am running the Deco M9 plus, and updated to software 1.6.4 this morning.  Prior to the update my speeds were running 220, after the update it will not go above 94.  We are paying for 300 mbps.  Is there a way to fix whatever caused this slow down? Thanks 

Options
8 Reply
Re:Internet speed slowed down
3 weeks ago

@Cahagg01 

I just did same upgrade half an hour ago, my Main Deco M9 Plus is still fine.

There is "Test Internet Speed" button on the top left corner of "Network" page in Deco app, are you getting 94Mbps from running speed test through this button? It will test wired link between Main Deco and ISP modem/router.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Cahagg01 

One more thing. When you open Deco app, do you see "Abnormal WAN Port Speed" message: Abnormal WAN Port Speed. Please Check Your WAN Port Connection

Options
3 weeks ago

@Alexandre.

i did use the test speed button that was on the app.  I originally received the abnormal WAN message, I rebooted the system, and the WAN message went away.  

Options
3 weeks ago

@Cahagg01 

As you can see from document I provided that message means Main Deco can't negotiate gigabit speed over the wired link to ISP modem/router, so it downgrades to 100Mbps.

Standard recommendation is to replace Ethernet cable between ISP modem/router and Main Deco. Before you do that, just unplug and tightly plug back that Ethernet cable from both ends. Sometimes that is enough.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Alexandre. 

I switched to a cat 6 cable, but it didn't increase the speed any. 

Options
3 weeks ago

@Cahagg01 

As long as you keep getting "Abnormal WAN speed" messages in Deco app, there is nothing else to do but try different Ethernet cables and different ports on Main Deco and ISP modem/router.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Alexandre. 

I'm not getting the abnormal wan speed message anymore, but it is still running at 94 MBPS

Options
3 weeks ago

@Cahagg01 

If this is what Test Internet Speed shows you in Deco app, it still means link between Main Deco and modem/router is 100Mbps.

Check your modem/router documentation, most do show negotiated link speed. If yours does, you can check negotiated speed there.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 8

Related Articles