DUDAS SOBRE LOS EXTENSORES

3 weeks ago

Hi to all.

In the basement of my house, I have an ASKEY RTF3505VW router, WiFi 5, 2.4 and 5GB, WPA2-PSK and on the ground floor, a MitraStar HGW-500IX4X8-Q v5 Amplifier. I have quite a few Shelly, Philipa and Tapo automation systems distributed, basically, on the walls, (blinds, lights, etc., all associated with the 2.4GB channel) and I often have coverage problems.

I have been recommended tp-link as a very reliable brand and its range extenders, but I have several questions.

1. Can the extenders coexist with the MitraStar Amplifier?

2. The extenders will be closer to the MitraStar Amplifier than to the router. Do they automatically associate with the MitraStar Amplifier or will they have to be configured with the router?

3. Finally, what model or models of TP-Link extenders do you recommend? The surface area of ​​each floor is 150m2.

Given my ignorance in these matters, all kinds of suggestions and comments would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Options
2 Reply
Re:DUDAS SOBRE LOS EXTENSORES
3 weeks ago

@Breixo 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Our extender should work together with MitraStar HGW-500IX4X8-Q v5 Amplifier.

The extender will not automatically associate with the MitraStar Amplifier and you need to manually set it up to connect to a Host network(whether the  ASKEY router or the MitraStar Amplifier).

I checked the wireless specification of the MitraStar Amplifier and it should be a WiFi 6(AX3000) extender. We have the range extenders with the similar wireless specification, such as RE700X / RE705X

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/range-extender/?filterby=5787

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:DUDAS SOBRE LOS EXTENSORES
3 weeks ago

@Breixo 

Hi David, thanks for your quick reply and my apologies for putting the subject in Spanish.

I have checked the recommended models, RE700X / RE705X, but I notice that they do not have the version with a built-in plug. Since I need the range extension to extend the coverage of several automations whose access speed is irrelevant, I have searched for WiFi 6(AX3000) extenders with a built-in plug and I have found the TL-WA860RE, Wi-Fi at 300 Mbps, more than enough for my purposes.

The question is if there are any drawbacks worth mentioning in using the TL-WA860RE.

Once again, thanks and greetings from Madrid,

Options