How to force connection of the client to the extender and not to the router
How to force connection of the client to the extender and not to the router
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Tags: #OneMesh #Range Extender
Model: RE330  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: not sure

Good morning.

Sorry in advance since I am not sure about the current firmware version. I installed it yesterday and today I can only access remotely. Anyway it shows me in Tether app that there is an update and shows this info: 1.0.23 Build 230418 Rel.60395n (do not know if it is the current or the new to be updated).

My question is related to the connection of one client to the extender. 

I have and Archer MR550 4G router with 4 surveillance cameras. Three of them are properly connected to the main router but the 4th one is quite unstable. That is why I have acquired the extender and installed in OneMesh with the router. It was very easy to do actually.

I have detected that, when restarting the router and the extender to make tests, sometimes the camera 4 connects to the router and not to the extender, leading in a useless camera since the signal for the video in hte router is poorer.

It looks that the signal from the router is enough to connect but not enough to broadcast the video.

Once it is connected to the router, it never reconnect to the extender (supposing it has better signal and it is closer to the camera) till I restart the router. In the moment the extender is the only source of network, when restarting hte router, the camera 4 connect to the extender and remains.

Is it possible to force in some way that this camera 4 only connects to the extender and also fix that the other 3 cameras only connect to the main router?

I understand that by generating other SSID in the extender, different than the one from the router, and connect the camera 4 to it, it would work, but I would like to know if it is possible to do it keeping the OneMesh active.

Also, how the extender could be configured to extend a different SSID than the OneMesh?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to force connection of the client to the extender and not to the router-Solution

@miracle2012 

Hi,

If you want the 4th camera to always connect to the RE WIFI, then you need to set a different WIFI name for the extended WIFI.

In this case, the RE and the router cannot build a OneMesh network.

Here is how to change the WIFI name for your RE.

How to configure wireless network on the range extender (new logo)

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to force connection of the client to the extender and not to the router-Solution

@miracle2012 

Hi,

If you want the 4th camera to always connect to the RE WIFI, then you need to set a different WIFI name for the extended WIFI.

In this case, the RE and the router cannot build a OneMesh network.

Here is how to change the WIFI name for your RE.

How to configure wireless network on the range extender (new logo)

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 91

Replies: 1

Tags

OneMesh
Range Extender
Related Articles