Easynet Ethernet back haul using two AXE 75 routers

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20240607 rel.74966(4341)

I purchased a brand new second AXE 75 so in theory this should work.

Plug in an ethernet cable in the yellow block on both systems.

Problem one the satellite system does not appear as an easymesh satellite.  "No satellite router nearby."

So check the fireware and put it into satellite mode.

How does one do this?  Plugging in a computer on an ethernet cable, there is no wireless connection on this machine, the default password of admin doesn't work. The password for the main router is accepted however.  The screen shows the same firmware as the main router.

Do I get the impression that in order to get into the new system check the firmware and set it to satellite mode I need to power down the main system and possibly connect the second router to the internet?

Thanks John

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Easynet Ethernet back haul using two AXE 75 routers-Solution
Problem solved by powering off the existing router. Connecting the new one up to my ISP after copying down the details on the type of connection. Update the firmware, set to satellite mode. Power down take to remote location. Plug in the long Ethernet cable to both routers. Power up both, this time it finds the ethernet cable and satellite router and it all works as it should. The painful bit is not being able to get to the new router unless the old one is powered down. You just get connected to the old router even if the PC is only connected via ethernet to the new one and that is frustrating to say the least.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Easynet Ethernet back haul using two AXE 75 routers

@johnwhelan 

Hi,

If you don't want to go throught the trouble of logging into the GUI of the AXE75 to switch it into "Satellite" mode, then you can alternatively reset the AXE75 to factory defaults by pressing and holding (about 8 seconds) the small "Reset" button on the rear side of the AXE75. You will know whether it worked when you see a distinct repsonse from the router's LEDs.

This reset will also put the AXE75 into the mode that allows it to be added as a "Satellite". (But do not try to log into this router now, as this would break the whole procedure!) 

Now the AXE75 should be automatically added as EasyMesh Satellite after you plug the Ethernet cable into one of its yellow LAN ports. (In best case it will happen almost instantly, but it could also take up to one minute. I've had varying experiences.)

Edit: I just noticed that you wrote another post about about this yesterday. As I indicated in my reply to your post, do not just assume that your newly purchased Archer AXE75 already comes with an up-to-date firmware out of the box. In case the firmware is older than 1.2.0, then you need to update the AXE75 first before EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul will work. Whether you do this manually by downloading the firmware from TP-Link's website or via the "Online" update (which would require you to connect that AXE75 to the Internet) is your own choice.

Options
Re:Easynet Ethernet back haul using two AXE 75 routers-Solution
Problem solved by powering off the existing router. Connecting the new one up to my ISP after copying down the details on the type of connection. Update the firmware, set to satellite mode. Power down take to remote location. Plug in the long Ethernet cable to both routers. Power up both, this time it finds the ethernet cable and satellite router and it all works as it should. The painful bit is not being able to get to the new router unless the old one is powered down. You just get connected to the old router even if the PC is only connected via ethernet to the new one and that is frustrating to say the least.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 132

Replies: 2

Related Articles