Having issue with port forwarding

2 weeks ago
Tags: #VPN
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, got a X20-DSL recently, but Australia only sells the V1 and doesn't come with build in VPN option. I have a Synology NAS connected to the X20 via cable and have Open VPN configured on the NAS. Firewall has been disabled on the NAS. I can't connect to the VPN from external, but I was able to connect to the VPN from internal by connect to the internal network and change the VPN connection file IP address to the NAS IP.

Below config is what I have on my Deco app. Internal IP below is the NAS IP and same port number also configured on the NAS. Also tested with TCP $ UDP protocol. Can anyone help is there any issue with my config or advise what else I can try? Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Having issue with port forwarding
2 weeks ago

@AJAQ 

Hi,

Please also check the WAN IP address on the Deco X20-DSL. Is it a public WAN IP address?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Having issue with port forwarding
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Hi Sunshine,

Thanks for your reply. I have a dynamic public IP. I'm using Synology DDNS for the VPN profile. Also tested with the actual public IP address. Still no luck. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 81

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles