Understanding my logs. Potential security issue or no??

2 weeks ago - last edited Saturday
Model: Archer MR500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 231109 Rel.44740n

I understand the concepts of TCP/IP, when i was younger used to work as a network support assistant. Lately i feel like i am having a de auth attack done on me. I understand how they work when trying to brute force routers with 3 way handshake.  I have logged into my router to check logs is it normal for them to only go back 24 hours? And from what i can gather. all I.P addresses are accounted for. (my 4 devices) but there is another mac address that makes a request to it. which i have no idea what it is yet. at 3am this morning. I guess there is 2 questions does the archer suport services such as papertrail for remote live logs, if not is there a service similar and how do i configure it. Would there be anyone a bit more experienced than me at log analysis go through the last 24 hours of my logs and explain a couple of things to me. Thank you so much guys

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Understanding my logs. Potential security issue or no??-Solution

@Insom1 

Hi,

It only supports to check system log locally.

If you worry about the other device, you can set up access control(whitelist) on the router. Then only certain devices can connect to the network. 

Please refer to 6. 3. Access Control in User Manual.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Understanding my logs. Potential security issue or no??-Solution

@Insom1 

Hi,

It only supports to check system log locally.

If you worry about the other device, you can set up access control(whitelist) on the router. Then only certain devices can connect to the network. 

Please refer to 6. 3. Access Control in User Manual.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 53

Replies: 1

Related Articles