Extremely slow speeds from a tp-link Wifi range extender TL-WA850RE

2 weeks ago
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: no clue

Recently bought one of these range extenders so I can plug my pc into it via ethernet for a better and more stable connection, although it just gives me a way slower speed. If im connected to my router downstairs it gives me on average 200mbps and if I plug my pc into the range extender that is in my room via ethernet, I get 40mbps. I was told that this would give me a more stable and faster connection, not that it would divide my speed by 5? Can anyone help me fix this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extremely slow speeds from a tp-link Wifi range extender TL-WA850RE
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Vexxzd wrote

Recently bought one of these range extenders so I can plug my pc into it via ethernet for a better and more stable connection, although it just gives me a way slower speed. If im connected to my router downstairs it gives me on average 200mbps and if I plug my pc into the range extender that is in my room via ethernet, I get 40mbps. I was told that this would give me a more stable and faster connection, not that it would divide my speed by 5? Can anyone help me fix this?

• Ensure the extender is placed in a location with a strong Wi-Fi signal.
  • Update the firmware of your extender.
  • Consider upgrading to a dual-band extender or a mesh system for better performance.
  • Use a direct connection to the main router when possible for critical tasks.
Options