Devices connected to IoT network do not show up in the clients list!

a week ago
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.9

I have a number of devices that are connected to IoT network as they don't support WPA3 and they work find and I can reach them by IP address however they don't show up in the Deco app clients list and I cannot reserve IP address for them.

I tried rebooting, reconnecting them ... etc but to no avail.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Devices connected to IoT network do not show up in the clients list!
a week ago

@Fahad6 

Hi,

The devices that connect to IoT network would show up under the clients of the IoT network.

Please go to Network>Online Clients>IoT network to double confirm.

And you can also check the MAC addresses of the devices in the client list to see if they match the device's MAC address. Make sure the random MAC address feature is disabled.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Devices connected to IoT network do not show up in the clients list!
Sunday

@Sunshine Thank you Sunshine,

I learned that I can list clients by network which i was only using to list by IP and MAC.

So I did as what you have suggested and at first I saw my IoT devices except this one which was the trouble then suddenly while at that list a got a push notification about a new device joining! However, it was joined to the networks weeks ago and the day before doing this I made it rejoin the network. 
So yes my problem is solved now but there is definitely a glitch that prevented the device from showing up all those days.

Note:

- The device previously connects but i cannot see it on Deco app so the problem was that i cannot see its new dynamic IP when i turn it on, so i wanted to assign it a reserved IP.

- The device (Laser engraver) is using an ESP32-S3 chip to connect to the wifi.

- Rebooting all Decos didn't solve the problem.

Options