Bandwidth management on C7 Archer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-12-19 10:11:13
Region : Canada

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Can anyone confirm if bandwidth management even working on C7? I was trying for a while but no matter what I do, my VM consumes all available bandwidth if I push it hard enough. I am not even talking about minimum (guaranteed?) bandwidth I was expecting I could use to ensure my work laptop is always getting a piece of the network.

The setup I have is simple:

- A VM with a static IP
- P2P application I use to generate enough volume
- On C7 I have Bandwidth Control - Control Settings - Ingress - 52000 (my link is ~51M) Enable Checked
- Bandwidth Control - Rule List: IP Range: Static IP of the VM - Blank, Ports - Blank, Protocol - ALL, Ingress min 0 max 45000 Enabled Check

Router rebooted.

Once I bring up P2P it always takes all 51M.

Am I doing it wrong or this simply was not meant to work?

If you know how to make it work, can you advice how to configure min bandwidth as well? I want to have a setup where two end points can have full access to available bandwidth but one would have a guaranteed pipe while the other can drop to 0 if necessary.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Bandwidth management on C7 Archer
2013-12-20 15:07:48
First:Port Range - The port range which the Interior PC access the outside PC. If all are blank(or 0), the domain is noneffective.
from your information, you only to limited transmit flow of one end point ,isn't it?
be aware,the one which your want to be limited should be list on the table,is it VM? so you should set up port range,why not set ingress which means upload.and I think the Egress is set too large,maybe your link can't be reach 51M all the time.
Options
2013-12-29 21:54:26

dawnman wrote

First:Port Range - The port range which the Interior PC access the outside PC. If all are blank(or 0), the domain is noneffective.
from your information, you only to limited transmit flow of one end point ,isn't it?
be aware,the one which your want to be limited should be list on the table,is it VM? so you should set up port range,why not set ingress which means upload.and I think the Egress is set too large,maybe your link can't be reach 51M all the time.

I've added port ranges - does not work either. I suppose this function is simply not working.
Options
2013-12-30 10:38:35
Maybe- you can try to disable the hard NAT
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 709

Replies: 3

Related Articles