help Setting up Parental Control in w8968.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-14 20:49:26
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

im trying to set up parental control in my modem.
the manual that is available on the product support page provide no useful information.
i have setup parental controls in Various Dlink Modems b4.

The problem im Facing.
When i Setup parental controls,the internet connectivity of the child device is lost entirely.
i tried setting up the schedule and changing it couple of times but no luck.

Can some one give a step by step approach for the same?
Options
3 Reply
Re:help Setting up Parental Control in w8968.
2014-01-15 14:31:10
I have the same problem. Looks like it is a firmware issue. Also i do not like the logic as well. It must be possible to block a list of sites rather than allowing some. Or even more effective would be to block urls if it has a blocked word.
Options
2014-01-16 11:23:05
Hi I think maybe you forget something....please follow my experiences to have a try :)

1. You should enable "Parental Control" first, type or copy Parental PC MAC and Children PC MAC, click "Save" button under "Parental Control"

2. Select the Schedule you want to limit your child when at the period your child can surf the Internet

3. Leave URL blank

4. At the bottom of this page, there is also a "Save" button, please cilck "Save"! I think maybe you forget this.

Check if Parental Control will take effect
Options
2014-01-20 13:10:25
Apparently i was able to configure URL blocking through Firewall > WAN host. Cool !.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 679

Replies: 3

Related Articles