Dropped out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Dropped out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Dropped out
Dropped out
2014-02-14 20:42:44
Region : Others

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.1 Build 121123 Rel.57760n

ISP : Airtel Rwanda

Hi,

When using the 3G modem with the router the connections drops out from time to time, how often this happens depends on the time of the day. This drop outs don't seem to happen when connecting the USB 3G modem directly to the computer at all or at least as often.

The modem provided by Airtel is a ZTE MF190U which is not found in the TL-MR3220 compatibility list although ZTE MF190 is on the list of some locations. I have also tried an unlocked HUAWEI E153 which can be found in the compatibility list of some locations.

Somebody told me that the problem could be that I get switched to "edge signal" when the 3G signal becomes weak. If that is actually the case, it does not seem to happen when the modem is directly connected to the computer.

Since my ISP is not preset in the settings menu, I chose to set APN, etc manually. So here's another question: if the Huawei E153 is found on the Singapore compatibility list, does this mean the modem is compatible when setting APN, etc manually?

I forgot to mention that both the Huawei E153 and the ZTE MF190U are successfully identified by the TL-MR3220.

Any help welcome

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 350

Replies: 0

Related Articles