Wpa4220kit username change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-16 03:09:39
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : BTINTERNET

I want to change the username and password of the powerline extenders - however I can't find a format of the username that the set up will accept - anyone else managed it and what format was the username in?
Thanks
Options
4 Reply
Re:Wpa4220kit username change
2014-04-17 09:36:40
You want to change the username and password of the powerline extender.
Do you mean you want to change the username and password of the powerline extender's wireless network?

If so, you can choose WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, then you can set any password you want.
By the way, the wireless network's name is also called SSID. Normally you can set SSID whatever you want.
Options
2014-04-22 02:26:50
I do want to change the name and password of the wireless network - yes - sorry about that

I'll change the network type and see if that helps - I was trying to login through the management utilities to make the change

I'll let you know how I get on - we have four extender boxes in our (large) house and if the names don't make sense you can't remember which box you are connecting to, plus it makes it easier for guests if I align the passwords
Options
2014-04-22 14:45:08
You can just install the following utility on your computer:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WPA4220&version=V1#tbl_b

Then you connect your computer directly to your TL-WPA4220 and run this utility.
This utility will help you login the management webpage of your TL-WPA4220. You may be asked to input the username and password to login the management webpage. The username and password are both admin .

After you have login the management webpage of your TL-WPA4220, you can change the name and password of your WPA4220's wireless network.

It is the same operation for every TL-WPA4220 you have.

By the way, this link will help you to some degree:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=398
Options
2014-04-23 00:23:03
Thank you, you are a life saver. All done and working - article very helpful!!

X
Options