WPA4220 seems to block dhcp trafic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WPA4220 seems to block dhcp trafic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
29 Reply
Any solution yet?
2014-10-11 21:08:22
Same problem - dhcp goes flaky after a day then TL-WPA4220 need power cycle to get DHCP working via the WiFi . Have latest fimware but no change. Not interested in using fixed IPs on all devices as this is a fudge.

Come on TP-Link it should not be so hard to get DHCP traffic flowing via WiFi connections for more than a day!
Options
Rebooting the device to obtain new DHCP Lease
2014-12-12 16:33:49
TP LINK Support - Is there any update on this?

I have the same issue - Just bought wpa4220. I seem to loose connectivity to the device every hour. Rebooting the device appears to resolve it.
Options
Re:WPA4220 seems to block dhcp trafic
2014-12-18 01:23:11
kind of the same problem here

my iphone is connected to the extender wpa4220. full wifi bars but is not able to get to the internet.

btw... what is really the actual FW version for wpa4220? my devices came with 1.2.8 but on the website you can dl only 1.2.7!!
furthermore there is an EU version... is there a difference if i use it in the states, or should i use TL-WPA4220_V1_130402?

thx

greets
patrick
Options
2014-12-19 16:55:09
140114 should be the latest firmware for US version.
http://www.tp-link.us/support/download/?model=TL-WPA4220&version=V1#tbl_j
Options
2014-12-23 18:48:14
thx mavis

is somebody from TP-Link actually working on this issue?
is it solved / ongoing ...

please update
Options
2014-12-26 14:08:39
Just for the record, I'm having the same issue. Highly annoying.

I'm going to look at some other products.
Options
2014-12-26 17:35:25
i dont wanna encourage people purchasing other products but to be honest, THIS is not the kind of user support i except from a manufacturer!

again TP-LINK.... is somebody working on this issue??
the product is useless if DHCP is not working properly!!!!!
Options
2014-12-29 01:25:07
There is a post from "Vincent" (who I believe is one of the TP-Link representatives here) in the following thread, dated 2014-10-16, stating that they've tested the WPA4220 and cannot reproduce the problem that so many of us are experiencing.

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?75294-TL-WPA4220KIT-and-wifi-extension-problems-wrong-ip-range/page2

As I can reproduce this consistently, and so can many others here, I find this amazing. You'd think they might ask some of us for diagnostic information or ask us to assist with their testing but instead they are insisting there is no fault with this product and are refusing to help. Maybe it's something specific to particular setups but it's clearly affecting a lot of users (as the multiple threads here attest to) and if they are unable to recreate this themselves I'd suggest they need some better testers or a wider range of test scenarios.
Options
For what it's worth...
2015-01-03 00:14:59
I have just logged ticket # 92123

-------------------------------------------------------

Subject: DHCP and IP assignment issues.

Hello,

I recently purchased a TL-WPA4220T Kit - it worked ok out of the box. I then got a new router...

I installed the new router then noticed all the powerline network adapters stopped working. There is a powerline network. The Adapters work fine. They transmit SSID and devices can connect but they never assign an IP. They do not allow DHCP passthrough anymore. No matter if I factory reset it's the same.

This is clearly a HUGE issue impacting a lot of users. It makes your hardware effectively useless...

It's a well documented case with a large number of people already complaining about it on your "support" forum.

Can you please advise on how this can be fixed. Also, when you have have a firmware patch to resolve it permanently.

If you would like further information, a detailed conversation has taken place here:

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?75294-TL-WPA4220KIT-and-wifi-extension-problems-wrong-ip-range

Other people clearly facing the same issue can be found in these places also:

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?76213-WPA4220-seems-to-block-dhcp-trafic

Can you please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks,

-------------------------------------------------------

I will post any updates I recieve. However, having read the older posts relating to this same issue, I don't expect anything decent...
Options
2015-01-05 01:21:52
That's actually really interesting - so you say it worked OK with your old router but not with your new one?

Perhaps there are some routers, or even router settings, that cause the WPA4220 to have problems with DHCP. It might explain why it seems to work OK for some people but not others, and perhaps why TP-Link themselves have been unable to replicate the problem.

For the record, my router is a Linksys E4200 and I definitely experience this issue.
Options
Related Articles