AC1750 with network receiver

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-30 22:39:34
Region : Canada

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : V2

ISP :

Hi all,

Just got a AC1750. Had very good reviews. Anyways, I got it because I wanted better range than my old wireless router which is around 8 years old. I have a network receiver for my backyard and want to be able to control the music from an app on my phone, no matter where in the backyard I am. I should probably mention that the music streams from my PC through Windows Media Player.

The old router worked fine with the receiver, just the range sucked. Now that I've set up the new AC1750, I can't seem to stream music from the PC anymore. Now when I try to locate the PC on the network through my phone, all that comes up is "TPLINK". It used to be that my PC name would be found here.

When I click on TPLINK all it says is "Mediarootserver" or something but it doesn't lead anywhere. I can access the router through the app on my phone fine through the router, but the issue is using the receiver to access the music on my PC.

Just to be sure everything else was still working, I unplugged the new router, plugged in the old one and there was my PC again and everything worked just like it had.

So in short, I have it narrowed down to the router. It seems to be blocking access to my computer and only shows itself as a media server.

Anyone familiar with what's happening? I feel like this is probably something simple but I'm really clueless with this stuff and my eyes glaze over when I start reading about DNS and subnet gateways and on and on and on.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 0

Related Articles