enabling parental control problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-09-09 01:03:48
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : virgin media

ok guys need some help here got a tp link wireless router, using the superhub 1 as modem only ,im trying to block ,to start off with my smartphone htc one accessing the internet between say 1800 to 1830 each day..This is just a test ,once i get it working ill block my kids laptops and devices accessing the wireless router after a specific time each day..to cut a long story short..ive been into the router settings there are options there but i just cannot for the sake of me get it to work, there is parental control, access control, hosts,schedules, target etc...would be greatful if someone has a tp link router and can write up a step by step guide as im struggling....i have been through it many times but never get it to work somehow after ive been messing with the router nothing connects to it all and have to do a factory reset....would be greatfull
Options
7 Reply
Re:enabling parental control problems
2014-09-09 09:45:26
The smartphone cannot access internet at all or some webpages are allowed to open?
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=350
Options
2014-09-10 01:33:45
ok..i follow the instructions, im using my laptop as the parental pc...so as soon as i have done step 2 below and select "enable"...nothing connects to my wireless router, not even y smartphone, my pc downstairs or any of my kids tablets or my daughters laptop ?????????????, infact the only thing that connects to the router is my laptop...nothing else...so before ive even begun im running onto problems lol..

"Step 2 On the left-side menu, click Parental control to open settings page. Select Enable and input the MAC address of parental PC on this page."
Options
2014-09-10 15:38:04
heres a screenshot..as soon as i copy mac to above and select enable and save...nothing connects to the router....i have followed the info provided above but its not working ..

Options
2014-09-10 22:11:23
i thought this was supposed to be tp link tech support forum ?..anyone from tech support can help me ?...lol :D
Options
2014-10-03 06:00:36
got rid of this shitty tp link router bought ASUS router, very simple and effective parental control...would never buy tp link again..pathetic !,
Options
Same here
2014-10-18 17:39:38
I have exactly same problem.
Parent control is not working. It was main reason for upgrading old router. Unfortunately old piece of crap replaced with new piece of crap.

None seems to have solution .

TP-LINK parent control is NOT WORKING !!!
Options
2014-10-20 13:45:18
If your guys want to get technical support from TP-LINK, click here http://uk.tp-link.com/support/contact/?categoryid=530.
"Parental control is not working..."Do you configure it properly? If something during your configuration is misunderstood or misconfigured, it may not work then.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1266

Replies: 7

Related Articles