issues since enabling parental controls or latest firmware on X60

2 weeks ago - last edited Friday
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

Hi,

since enabling parental controls OR since the latest update firmware i have been experirncing problems with the 3 units

the 2nd unit is often flashing red and shows disconnected in the app at random times, and on both my laptop (Macbook poro M2) and a raspberry pi zero 2 W i am now unable to use github to pull 

remote: Enumerating objects: 48008, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (3092/3092), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1123/1123), done.
error: RPC failed; curl 18 transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining
error: 404 bytes of body are still expected
fetch-pack: unexpected disconnect while reading sideband packet
fatal: early EOF
fatal: fetch-pack: invalid index-pack output

i cant see a way to diable parental controls so i cant rule this out, is ther something i can do ?

i have tried rebooting teh units (all of them), i have tried optimising the channels, i use openDNS and checked that i am not blocking any thing there

I have tried using 5 + 2.4 bands

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:issues since enabling parental controls or latest firmware on X60-Solution

@Deejc 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I noticed in the network map: the 3rd Deco "Top Floor" is connecting to the 2nd "first floor" Deco and seems working well. Since satellite Deco units work the same in the Mesh system, have you tried to switch the location of the two satellite Deco X60s to see whether the disconnection issue follows a specific Deco unit?

There is no option to disable Parental Control but you could try to remove all the previously configured profiles first.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:issues since enabling parental controls or latest firmware on X60-Solution

@Deejc 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I noticed in the network map: the 3rd Deco "Top Floor" is connecting to the 2nd "first floor" Deco and seems working well. Since satellite Deco units work the same in the Mesh system, have you tried to switch the location of the two satellite Deco X60s to see whether the disconnection issue follows a specific Deco unit?

There is no option to disable Parental Control but you could try to remove all the previously configured profiles first.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:issues since enabling parental controls or latest firmware on X60
Friday

i did all this, but ther was also a firmware update which i applied and it seems stable now, thanks 

also found i had an issue with the ISP connection so i called them out and they replaced some filters 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 85

Replies: 2

Related Articles