tl-wn823N windows 7 (can't find usb)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-12 22:36:54
Region : Belgium

Model : TL-WN823N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

When i try to install the device on my computer, in setup, it says it cannot find the usb network adapter. Even if i unplug a working usb device and plug my network adapter into that usb port, it still says it cannot find the device on my pc. I've tried installing the driver manually but it still can't find the network adapter. Any suggestions?

Best regards, Jimmy
Options
3 Reply
Re:tl-wn823N windows 7 (can't find usb)
2014-10-13 11:11:07
Jimmy, try it on a different computer and it is defective if you get the same problem. Is it brand new?
Options
2014-10-19 00:11:35
Yes i went back to the shop and it said the tl-wn823N worked fine on their computer. So... idk, please help :o
Extra info: I can't install any drivers if the computer doesn't detect the wifi device.
extra extra info: i tried plugging it in a usb-hub i have and it does detect some sort of unknown device, but the installation software doesn't say there is one. So i guess it hasn't got anything to do with power suply. Although the led inside the stick doesn't blink.

edit:
Extra extra extra info: i've got windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1 installed on my computer. Could this be of any problem? (i'm going to check if theres some updates)
Options
2014-10-20 15:15:23
Any other computers at home for you to test? Probably there is a compatibility issue between your PC and WN823N.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1051

Replies: 3

Related Articles