AC1750 randomly stops routing, but router is accessible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-27 07:07:27
Region : Albania
Model : Archer C7
Hardware Version : v2
Firmware Version : last (09/2014)

guys I have the following setup:

internet -->(wan) Router1(lan)-->(wan) ArcherC7(wifi+lan)-->client devices

The C7 gets WAN IP via DHCP from Router1 (Linksys)

---
so all is great, but at random intervals the C7 stops passing internet. Connection is up, adminUI is accessible - all is fine, just no internet.
Still there IS network access between the 2 routers as I can access the Router1 etc.

the "fix" I have found is to ask C7 to release/renew its WAN IP - connection starts again.

any ideas?
DHCP lease is set to not expire though
Options
3 Reply
Re:AC1750 randomly stops routing, but router is accessible
2014-11-27 10:02:39
Directly connecting to Linksys works OK all the time?
Try to use C7 as an access point to see what happens. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=417
Options
Re:AC1750 randomly stops routing, but router is accessible
2014-11-29 17:36:10
yes, it works fine if I use only the Linksys

another thing I've tried: set C7 WAN IP to static. Behavior was the same - random lockups few times a day

the most interesting part is, that not all traffic is blocked - for example, If I'm streaming video it might continue to work. If I'm on some webpage, mostlikely navigating thru the page will also work.
but any *new* connections don't pass thru. Seems like the NAT part is locking up or something?
-----------

yesterday I've changed the wired connection to cascade mode - e.g. plugging the wire not into the WAN port of the C7, but into the LAN port;
then disabled it's DHCP service. This way (I think) the C7 NAT routine is not involved, as all devices are in the same subnet, with IPs assigned by the linksys.
well, guess what - more than 24 hours no lockups.

I'll keep monitoring, but if that holds true, the C7 is basically usable just as an AP and not a router
Options
After a number of years, the same random stops working problem
2017-02-03 08:51:39
I see this thread dates to 2014, and here it is 2017 and I'm having the same problem.

I have a Archer C7 v2, Firmware Version:3.15.1 Build 160719 Rel.57530n

What is the non-techy version of how to fix this problem? I just want to be able to use the router without having to learn the industry to make it work.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 3

Related Articles