Media Server File Formats

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-03 23:25:42
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Initial Realease Version

ISP : Virgin

Very simple problem, I have connected up a USB hard drive to my router for use as a media server. However so far the only two compatible file types that I have found are wmv & avi. I have also noticed problems with different video encodings within the compatible file types. (I don't know if it makes a difference but the hard drive is also set up for file sharing)

A complete list of compatible file types would be a nice start.

Is there any way to expand on this, particularly in regards to mp4?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Router hardware version 2 (not 1)
Options
3 Reply
Re:Media Server File Formats
2015-01-05 15:01:05
You can refer to the table in instruction below. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=340
mp4 is the supported format. BUT C7 doesn't use standard DLNA, which may cause some compability issues like yours.
Options
2015-01-06 02:58:22

Ada wrote

You can refer to the table in instruction below. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=340
mp4 is the supported format. BUT C7 doesn't use standard DLNA, which may cause some compability issues like yours.

Excellent, thank you. But that is strange because Windows media player is not detecting mp4 formats, unless the encoding of the videos makes a difference with the DLNA protocol. I will attempt to test other mp4 files in the mean time. Again thanks, this is extremely helpful.
Options
2015-01-20 04:16:45
Updating to the latest firmware version resolved the problem.

I would like to re-emphasise the fact that my router was hardware version 2 not 1 to anyone experiencing similar problems.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 822

Replies: 3

Related Articles