TP-Link W8968 Windows Vista Wiresless Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-09 02:37:37
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

If anyone can help me out i'd be so appreciative.

I have a customer with this router and a windows vista laptop. They can connect VIA a LAN cable and surf the web. However with WIFI on her laptop she is only getting local only. I have tested her laptop on a BT hub and an ASUS router with no issues.

My macbook works on her wifi, my iphone works on it also.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?! I have read somewhere that the DHCP server settings are not compatible?

Thanks for reading ;-)
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link W8968 Windows Vista Wiresless Issue
2015-01-09 16:11:12
There is a possible solution but you have to change security settings on the router.
Secure the network with WEP, remove the network profile on Vista and reconnect.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=214
If it won't help, disable security.
Anyway, Vista is not a good operating system. If there is a chance, upgrade it to Windows 7 maybe.
Options
2015-01-09 16:54:49
Thanks for that, I did try to enable wep but I couldn't get it to come on. Does the router need to be on n only rather than bgn? I als deleted all profiles but couldn't get it to come off "local only". I agree vista is horrible, I would change router out though as upgrade and s expensive and time consuming.
Options
2015-01-09 21:54:14

Mavis wrote

There is a possible solution but you have to change security settings on the router.
Secure the network with WEP, remove the network profile on Vista and reconnect.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=214
If it won't help, disable security.
Anyway, Vista is not a good operating system. If there is a chance, upgrade it to Windows 7 maybe.

You're a star, worked a treat.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 3

Related Articles