Half speed only for Archer C2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-27 21:16:03
Region : Romania

Model : Archer C2

Hardware Version : 1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi.

I have the following problem with my TP-LINK Archer C2.

My home network has 2 PCs connected through cable to the router (the router being connected to the my ISP, which should give me a speed of 200Mbps), the PCs having the following NICs:

PC1, Intel intgrated Gbit network card;

[*][/FONT][FONT=georgia]PC2, RealTek integrated network card.

[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia]So far, I carried on the following tests:

[*]PC1 & PC2 on => full speed on both PCs (~200Mbps);

[*][/FONT][FONT=georgia]PC2 off => speed on PC1 only 92Mbps;

[*] [/FONT][FONT=georgia]PC1 off, PC2 on => PC2 shows full speed;

[*] [/FONT][FONT=georgia]PC2 disconnected from the router => PC1 shows full speed.

[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia]As well, I plugged already the connectors to all 4 back Gbit ports, but no change.
​So, my question is why on earth do I get only about half speed in the second case? Could it be a router setting or may be a driver one on my PC1 ('cause Intel driver has plenty of options).
Options
3 Reply
Problem Solved!
2015-03-29 01:53:04
The problem is solved now, thanks to the TP-LINK support. It seems the problem was caused be the firmware update. So, the procedure was to downgrade the firmware to a former one (140716). After that the speed test showed full speed for the case 2. Then the firmware was updated again to the latest firmware (141117), and the speed was as well full.
Possible the problem could be solved as well by resetting the router to factory defaults after the firmware upgrade, but the settings will probably be lost in this case (hence before an upgrade will always be a good idea to make a backup).
Options
same problem
2015-07-22 02:29:11
I have same problem, with a different speed limit 89.6Mbs, and only 1 PC wired to my Archer C2.
I've already tried downgrading the firmware with no result.
Options
Re:Half speed only for Archer C2
2015-07-22 09:38:57
What's the network card on your PC?
Connecting the PC to modem directly, what's the speed?
Upgrade the latest firmware, 150507.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/handlers/download.ashx?resourceid=13312 http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C2_V1.html#Firmware
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 626

Replies: 3

Related Articles