tl-wr740n Version 4 (no internet)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-13 00:54:25
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version :

ISP : ausbbs

Hi all I purchased a router off of ebay to install dd-wrt on it to evade the government spying on me and music companies suing me.

Long story short I have been stuffing around for days trying to get this to connect to the internet. Initially I installed dd-wrt on it but couldn't configure it to access the net. I reflashed the router to make it standard again. I am getting all the lights on it including the internet light (looks a bit like Saturn.)

The router is the last one in a long chain starts at the nbn aerial --> NTD --> UBNT 900mhz wireless --> UBNT 900mhz wireless --> router 1 --> TPlink ethernet over power adapter --> TPlink ethernet over power adapter --> TPlink router 2 --> TPlink router 3(this is the one I am having troubles with)

Never have I had so much trouble as I have had with this router I have tried making static IP addressing dynamic configured my dns servers manually both in the computer and on the router nothing I do works.

I can connect to the router ok

The router has the internet light up but no internet comes out of it.

Should I return this router and get another? Has anyone else had this trouble?
Options
1 Reply
Re:tl-wr740n Version 4 (no internet)
2015-04-14 15:51:48
So router3's wan port is connected to router2's LAN port? If yes you need to ensure router3's LAN IP is in a subnet different from router2's LAN subnet.

Example:

router 2's LAN:192.168.0.1
router 3's LAN can be 192.168.100.1. router3' WAN can be dynamic DHCP so that it can obtain an IP address from router 2.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 507

Replies: 1

Related Articles