Very unstable Internet connection with TL-WR740N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-18 09:30:53
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I've been having trouble ever since I purchased this router. It is connected to a modem via WAN port. Once you connect to the network you get internet but then, it goes away making internet browsing impossible mission.

I am not sure if I need to configure something to avoid this. I upgraded the firmware and same is happening. Before the issue would only happen when security was enabled (password to connect). Now, even when opened, the issue is there.

This is happening to all devices connected to the WIFI. Android phones and windows 10 etc.

Please any advice would be great.

Regards
Options
5 Reply
Re:Very unstable Internet connection with TL-WR740N
2015-08-18 13:53:49
After firmware upgrade, did you reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigue it?
Wired connection to WR740N works properly or not?
Try channel width 20MHz and secure the Wi-Fi network.
Options
2015-08-18 21:07:45

Mavis wrote

After firmware upgrade, did you reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigue it?
Wired connection to WR740N works properly or not?
Try channel width 20MHz and secure the Wi-Fi network.

Hi,

These are the details:

Firmware Version: 3.17.0 Build 150105 Rel.61576n
Hardware Version: WR740N v4 00000000

I don't have a PC to test the wired connection. So all I can test is WIFI. Its very frustrating.

I did a factory reset. What you mean by reconfigure it? This is plug and play I think. I only changed the SSID name and put a password on it. Changed to channel 9 and reduced width to 20Mhz.

Problem still there.
Options
2015-08-19 15:10:48
When you cannot access internet wirelessly, can you log in web interface of WR740N?
If not, how about status of Wi-Fi connection on wireless clients?
How many wireless clients are connected in total?
If there is no Pc to test wired connection, how did you confirm the modem is working fine?
Options
2015-08-20 00:08:49

Mavis wrote

When you cannot access internet wirelessly, can you log in web interface of WR740N?
If not, how about status of Wi-Fi connection on wireless clients?
How many wireless clients are connected in total?
If there is no Pc to test wired connection, how did you confirm the modem is working fine?

Yes, when there is no internet I can connect to the interface of WR740N.The wifi is not disconnecting. Is the internet what does.

There are like 4 devices connected to the network. Maximum 6.

Interesting. Did not think the issue could be the modem itself. Just assume it should have steady internet connection.

How do I check the modem itself? By calling my IPS?
Options
2015-08-20 15:43:48
Since you can connect to the interface of WR740N, check if there is WAN IP on Status page.
Besides, go to System Log and check if there is any error there.

We cannot confirm it is modem issue or router issue as you cannot connect to the modem directly to test. You may try to call your ISP but what we cannot believe everything ISP tells us...lol...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 808

Replies: 5

Related Articles