5 Ghz issues in Archer C7 (V1)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-20 21:26:10
Region : India

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : V1

ISP :

some issues regarding 5 Ghz in Archer C7 & need some helps from Networking Experts !

1) no clients are catching / showing Wifi 5 Ghz Signals in AUTO (channel) unless i choose 149, 153, 157, 161, 165 respectively
i tried it on Samsung Galaxy S3, S4 (with different variants)
I want AUTO selection for best channel in 5 Ghz mode.. how to do that ?

2) is there any way to transmit 5 Ghz frequency after enable 2.4 ghz WDS Bridging ??

for instance
A Zyxel router is transmitting 2.4 Ghz frequency & Archer C7 (to be bridged) as a client transmitting 5 Ghz mode to its 5 ghz clients.. is this possible ?

Options
4 Reply
Re:5 Ghz issues in Archer C7 (V1)
2015-05-21 20:34:13
:cool:

1) It shouldn't. When you choose Region Pakistan, the range of auto channel is among the channels in drop down list. You might check it again.

2) Yes, why not. For example, the main router is a Zyxel dualband wireless router, I can use C7 to WDS the main router via 2.4GHz, while the C7 is still broadcasting 5GHz for it own clients. But you need to disconnect C7's WAN port and disable DHCP service.

However, you cannot WDS on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz because it will create a wireless loop. TP-LINK now release a dedicated duaband range extender named RE200, which can repeat both bands concurrently without making a loop.
Options
2015-05-22 02:31:48

Tobacco wrote

1) It shouldn't. When you choose Region Pakistan, the range of auto channel is among the channels in drop down list. You might check it again.
2) Yes, why not. For example, the main router is a Zyxel dualband wireless router, I can use C7 to WDS the main router via 2.4GHz, while the C7 is still broadcasting 5GHz for it own clients. But you need to disconnect C7's WAN port and disable DHCP service.

thanx for ur reply..

1) i'd tried to choose all ranges of Pakistan region.. still i have to select one of those channels instead of Auto (well it's not a big deal to avoid AUTO for me:)

2) i've accomplished this task.. !

TP-LINK now release a dedicated dual band range extender named RE200, which can repeat both bands concurrently without making a loop.

Advantage of repeat both bands ?
Can I either use 2 internet connections via 2.4 + 5 ghz simultaneously as a WDS ?
Or
The configuration of 2.4 + 5 ghz would be same?
Options
2015-05-22 13:22:13
Advantage of repeat both bands ?

I don't have one, but I think it is not that mysterious.
Advantage:
- The coverage of both bands can be extended, which is the basic use as a range extender product.
- Link backup. When one band is busy or somehow even broken, the other brand is still working.

Can I either use 2 internet connections via 2.4 + 5 ghz simultaneously as a WDS ?
Or
The configuration of 2.4 + 5 ghz would be same?

I don't quite understand what you mean. You won't be able to use two Internet connections, there is no route aggregation or link aggregation in this topology. Your client devices have to choose one IP subnet and one gateway.
Options
2015-05-22 19:40:13

Tobacco wrote

I don't have one, but I think it is not that mysterious.
Advantage:
- The coverage of both bands can be extended, which is the basic use as a range extender product.
- Link backup. When one band is busy or somehow even broken, the other brand is still working.

I don't quite understand what you mean. You won't be able to use two Internet connections, there is no route aggregation or link aggregation in this topology. Your client devices have to choose one IP subnet and one gateway.

hmmm ok.. got it
thanx a lot for ur replies !
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 698

Replies: 4

Related Articles